Join our expert panel to look at the achievements of women in social enterprise
“The women I have met in the past four years have common qualities: they are brilliant thinkers and activists and they are courageous… If women social innovators keep on organising themselves as smart networks, they will be able to revitalise communities through an intelligent invasion of sound services and products that are future centric and impactful.”
Servane’s words reflect that, while the private sector still appears to be dominated by a macho culture, many see social enterprise as a sector where women are allowed to flourish.
This sentiment was echoed in an article from former Apprentice star and social entrepreneur Melody Hossaini, who noted that: “Women in social enterprise leadership teams are challenging the glass ceiling, with 86% of leadership teams boasting at least one female director.”
So what do you think? Join us on Friday 20 July, when we’ll be reflecting on the achievements of women in social enterprise.
We’ll be discussing:
• What women bring to social business that men could learn from
• Whether a glass ceiling in other industries has influenced how women run their social enterprises
• If social enterprise is the ideal marketplace for women to pursue their career, as opposed to the male-focused corporate world.
In addition to the articles above, you can check out the following for background reading:
• Hatty Richmond: Celebrating the achievements of women in social business
• Allison Ogden-Newton: The parallels between social enterprise and feminism
• Servane Mouazan: Why I care about women and social enterprise
Do get in touch if you’d like to be a panellist – email Joe Jervis for more details.
Also, if you’d like to leave a question, please do so in the comments section below, or come back to ask it live – and follow the debate – on Friday 20 July, 1200 – 1400 BST.
Remember, to be on the panel and participate you need to register as a member of the Guardian social enterprise network, and log in. Click here to register.
This content is brought to you by Guardian Professional. To join the social enterprise network, click here.
Penny Stock Picks
Dollabillz711: $OLIE CHART .0005 -155-MILLION-FLOAT-confirmed-via-TA- DIVY-for-shareholders-this-FRIDAY! [